This is the text of the Irish Diversity Charter.
Diversity in Ireland contributes to the richness, resourcefulness and creativity that help societies flourish. As people we collaborate to deliver successful organisational outcomes. Diversity, equality and inclusion are key to our success. By signing Diversity Charter Ireland, we in …….............. are demonstrating our commitment to promoting diversity, equality and inclusion as living values so that we:
- Attract, recruit and promote talented people who will contribute their best and play their part in promoting a culture where we can bring our diversity to work to support innovation, creativity, improved performance and decision-making.
- Prevent discrimination and promote equality for groups covered in the Employment Equality Acts 1998-2015 and the Equal Status Acts 2000-2018, that is, age, civil status, disability, family status, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation and membership of the Traveller Community.
- Continually cultivate an environment that demonstrates dignity and respect for the diversity of our employees, customers, clients, suppliers, subcontractors, partners, shareholders, i.e., all internal and external stakeholders.
- Build awareness and understanding of the benefits for people, organisations and society of promoting diversity, equality and inclusion.
To implement Diversity Charter Ireland, we will:
- Actively communicate our Diversity Charter Ireland commitment and actions in our internal and external communications.
- Put in place policies, procedures, processes and measures that deliver diversity, equality and inclusion outcomes with positive impacts for our internal and external stakeholders.
- Educate and train our employees and other relevant stakeholders to implement our diversity, equality and inclusion policies and measures.
- Involve our employees, customers, clients, suppliers, subcontractors, partners, shareholders, i.e., all internal and external stakeholders, where applicable in the development, implementation, monitoring and review of our diversity, equality and inclusion strategies and action plans and keep them informed of the practical results of our work.
- Attend Diversity Charter Ireland networking events to share our learning and help to build best practice among our network of signatories in Ireland, and with Diversity Charters across Europe in the EU Platform of Diversity Charters.
- Provide information for reports, case studies and surveys that help to build awareness of the benefits of diversity, equality and inclusion activities in the workplace, as discussed in the Diversity Charter Ireland network.
- Participate in Diversity Charter Ireland diversity, equality and inclusion actions and in European Diversity Month activities.
INSERT ORGANISATIONS LOGO